1. Accuracy: The details set out in this Membership Form are true and correct. If they change I acknowledge that I am required to notify my Club of the changes in writing as soon as possible after they occur. If the details provided are not true or are misleading I acknowledge my membership may be terminated at the discretion of my Club and GymSports NZ.
2. Bound by Rules: I will be bound by the constitutions, regulations, policies, manuals, guidelines and reasonable directions of my Club, and GymSports NZ.
3. Accept Risk of Gymsports: I have voluntarily accepted and assumed the inherent risk of danger and injury in Gymsports.
4. No liability: I will not hold my Club or GymSports NZ or their respective officers responsible or any claims, losses and expenses and costs (including legal costs) which may arise from or in connection with my membership and/or participation in any activity authorised or recognised by my Club or GymSports NZ except in the case of gross negligence or a wilful act or omission on the part of my Club or GymSports NZ.
5. Indemnity: I indemnify my Club and GymSports NZ from all claims, losses and expenses (including legal costs) suffered or incurred at any time as a result of, or resulting directly or indirectly from, my failure to observe the constitutions, regulations, policies, manuals, guidelines and reasonable directions of my Club and GymSports NZ respectively.
6. Medical Declaration: I am medically and physically fit and do not suffer from any injury, disease or condition, either physical or mental, that would affect my ability to safely participate in any authorised or recognised activities of my Club or GymSports NZ. If I am unsure about this declaration, or suffer from such a condition I have either listed it on this form or I am aware that I must bring it to the attention of my Club and GymSports NZ.
7. Privacy: I agree that my Club and GymSports NZ can collect, hold, use and disclose my personal information as provided on this Form (and any updated or additional personal information the Club or GymSports NZ obtains from me including any photo or other record of my image) for the purposes of:
a. Processing my application for membership including notifying the Club and GymSports NZ of the information on this form for the purposes of the Club and GymSports NZ compiling a register of members, compiling a national database of members and participants (accessible only in accordance with the Constitution and Regulations of GymSports NZ), and for requesting me to renew if my membership lapses;
b. Putting my name and contact information on my Club’s membership list for use by other members of my Club;
c. Publishing any of my Gymsports results in my Club and/or GymSports NZ’s newsletters and on their websites;
d. Selecting and publicly naming competitors and teams to represent my Club and GymSports NZ at Gymsports events;
e. Providing me with information and activities relating to my Club and GymSports NZ and other Gymsports matters;
f. Including my photograph or other imagery on the Club and/or GymSports NZ website, in newsletters, annual reports, or similar official publications;
g. Enabling my Club and GymSports NZ to contact me with information about the products and services of Club or GymSports NZ sponsors or funders (unless I have opted out of receiving such information on the Membership Form);
h. Enabling my Club and GymSports NZ to comply with any statute, regulation, by-law or other regulatory instrument that requires collection or disclosure of personal information;
i. Retaining the information provided on this form if my membership lapses (as an inactive member) for a maximum period of three years for the above purposes; and
j. Any other purpose I agree to in writing.
8. Use, Security and Access: I understand that my personal information will only be used for the purposes listed in paragraph 7 and in accordance with the GymSports NZ Regulations, and that:
a. My personal information will be held securely;
b. I will have access to my personal information under the Privacy Act;
c. My personal information will be corrected upon request.
9. Continued Membership: I understand that upon payment of my membership fee(s), if I am accepted to membership, I will become a member of my Club and GymSports NZ and that by paying such fee(s) by the due date(s), I will continue to be a member of my Club and GymSports NZ for the duration of my Membership as specified on this form and in accordance with the GymSports NZ Constitution, unless I resign or my membership is terminated.
10. Interpretation: Every reference to “I” and “my” in this document includes the gymnast and the parent/guardian/caregiver of the gymnast (if applicable).
Copies of constitutions, regulations, policies, manuals and guidelines of the Club and GymSports NZ can be obtained by contacting your Club or GymSports NZ via www.gymsportsnz.com.
11. Make up Class Policy: I understand that North Harbour Gymnastics do not offer make-up days if my child is unable to attend a class or if my childs class falls on a Statutory Holiday or a North Harbour event day.
I have read and consent to the Membership Declaration.
Parent/guardian/caregiver consent for gymnasts under 18 yrs:
I am the parent/guardian/caregiver of the gymnast who is under 18 years of age. I have read and understood this form and the Membership Declaration. I consent to the gymnast’s application for membership on the basis set out in this form and the Membership Declaration.
I also consent, or am authorised to consent, to the emergency contact details specified in this form being held by the Club and GymSports NZ for the purposes of contacting the person(s) named in an emergency.
If I am not a member myself, I also consent to my name and contact details as set out below, being collected, held, and used as the gymnast’s parent, guardian or caregiver in accordance with the purposes set out in paragraph 7 of the Membership Declaration as if I were a member of GymSports NZ
SAFETY IN THE GYM
Below are instructions that we have in place to ensure your child’s safety in the gym.
CLOTHING, HAIR, JEWELLERY, SHOES
Please make sure when your child does their gymnastic class that they are dressed in clothing that is not loose or baggy. Shorts, bike pants, leggings and a t/shirt are all suitable. Leotards are recommended but not essential. Hair must be tied back and no jewellery please (stud earrings permitted).
No shoes allowed in the gym. Bare feet only.
Please keep shoes in the car or put them in the shoe cubicles in the foyer. Please do not leave them where other children can trip over them.
All the equipment in the gym comes with certain risks and hazards that can affect your child’s health and safety. Although rare, serious injuries such as spinal fractures can be sustained from falls off high equipment. Other injuries such as fractures, sprains and strains can be sustained on and around all apparatus in the gym. All participants in the gym need to be aware of the above risks and treat the equipment with respect and only use equipment for its intended use, always only doing what their individual level of ability allows them to do.
START OF CLASS
All classes have a dedicated “waiting area” for gymnasts who arrive before their class has started. For all classes, entry into the Gym before the class has started is only allowed if the gymnasts know where their dedicated “waiting area” is. Gymnasts have to wait in those areas without using any apparatus, and without starting any warming up activities, until their coach comes and starts their class.
ESSENTIAL RULES: O.N.L.Y
Gymnasts will be reminded of these before the start of every class
- Only do what your coach tells you to do
- No running in the Gym
- Listen carefully to your coach
- Your safety comes first and equipment can be hazardous, so please use all apparatus carefully.We want all participants to come and have a great experience in our gym.By following the above safety rules at all times, the risk of injuries and accidents can be minimised so we can maintain a fun safe environment for everyone to come into and enjoy.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Management and Staff
Gymnastics Community Trust