Albany – Return to Gymnastics Plan
All classes are returning to gym from Monday 31st of August!
Some class times will shift in order to accommodate all the gymnasts under Level 2 guidelines. Please keep an eye on your emails as we will be contacting the effected classes in the coming days.
INFO FOR PARENTS
To keep your children, your families, and our staff safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have reviewed how North Harbour Gymnastics functions. This has resulted in us altering some processes to reduce the risk of cross-infection within our facilities. This will be a new way of working for all of us, but if everyone in the North Harbour Gymnastics Community understands and follows the guidelines, we can make gymnastics a fun and safe place for all.
We have cleaned the gym to ensure it is safe to return. We have strict hygiene and physical distancing procedures in place and will continue to adjust to follow any new Ministry of Health and National guidelines to avoid the spread of Covid-19. The gym will be cleaned between sessions and the gymnasts/coaches will hand sanitise between stations.
You will need to sign in manually on our sign in sheet upon arrival.
How it works:
- Please wait with your child in the car or outside the building until 5 min before their training time
- Please bring your child to the bottom of the main entrance stairs and check the details on the sign in sheet is correct. Chantelle will then ask you a few questions and write the time your child is signing in. You will not need to touch anything during this time.
- The coaches will then safely guide the group from outside, to the gym area inside
- Our staff will make sure that all gymnasts who enters the building sanitise or wash their hands
- If it is raining, we will need to do the sign in process inside – this will require parents and child’s details being filled in on the Albany Tennis Park sign in sheet as well as the NHG sheet
- PICK UP – Please wait outside and a coach will bring the children to the parents
- Please be early to pick up your child because if you are late it holds up the whole cleaning and change over process that the coaches need to do between sessions.
General entrance rules
- Every gymnast needs to be on time to ensure a safe and quick entrance procedure. If your child arrives late, please text Chantelle 027 448 0344 and she will come outside and sign you in. Please do not enter the tennis park building.
- Under COVID 19 Level 2 we have limited numbers allowed in the facility and want to offer these to gymnasts. Therefore, no parents or any other visitors allowed in the building except in an emergency. If you enter the Tennis centre, you will need to sign in and follow all of their Covid-19 procedures. Absolutely NO parents allowed in the gym area at any time please.
If you have any questions or queries please go on our website or contact us via one of the following channels:
– Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any health and safety/ Covid-19 related queries
– Contact email@example.com for any Payment Queries, Change of Class queries, Information you may want passed onto a coach
Pick up only from the “Child Safe Zone” at the bottom of the stairs.
- A staff member will remain outside with all children until they are collected. Please DO NOT come into the building unless it is an emergency. If you do come in, you will need to sign in on the Albany contact tracing form and follow all the Albany tennis guidelines and rules.
- If you are running more than 15 minutes late to collect your child, please text Chantelle 027 448 0344. We recommend arriving early and waiting in your car so we can get the session signed out as quickly as possible. The coaches must fully clean the gym at the end of each session which will take a considerable amount of time if they are also having to wait with the children past the end of their class.
Our coaches and staff will encourage and remind your children to follow our strict hygiene policy as well as follow the routine themselves. They will wash/sanitise their hands:
- upon arrival (receptionist to supervise)
- before moving to next apparatus
- after coughing, sneezing, or blowing nose (hand washing with soap!!)
- after visiting any public space
- after going to the toilet (hand washing with soap!!)
- before leaving the gym area
Please ensure that your child arrives at the gym in her gymnastic outfit as the changing room will be unavailable. The hair needs to be in a tight bun so they don’t need to re-do their hair.
- Your child must not attend classes if she is experiencing any symptoms of illness, including mild symptoms such as headache, mild cough, mild sore throat etc.
- If your child arrives displaying symptoms, we will follow our Covid-19 emergency plan and isolate your child immediately and will contact you to pick her up. Please call Chantelle 027 448 0344 once you have arrived to pick her up.
There will be no physical contact between our coaches and gymnasts
- The training will be held in a way that spotting is not necessary (Emergency spotting to avoid accidents is still taking place)
- No hugs, no high fives (coaches will find an alternative non-contact way to celebrate their success)
To encourage all our gymnasts to keep at least 1m distance to their teammates and 2m distance to every other group we have the following measures in place:
- Stations a minimum of 1m apart
- Designated warm up area for each gymnast
- Keeping bags & drink bottles at a safe distance from each other, min of 1m
- Controlled gymnast access to toilets – one gymnast at a time (one in, one out)
In case we need to apply first aid we will:
- Provide/prepare adequate accident treatment and ask the child to apply the treatment (ice pack, plaster) themselves if they are able to do so
- If they are unable to treat themselves, the coach will put on adequate PPE gear and treat the injury. In that case, we will contact you to let you know that we had to come closer than 1m to your child
We will have a strict cleaning schedule in place and clean our equipment as well as the rest of the building several times during the day to keep your child and our staff safe.
- Small bag for all your belongings
- Drink bottle already filled. There is no access to drinking water at the venue
- Warm clothes for after class
- Own hand sanitiser if you have it, otherwise we will be providing for everyone
- NO food allowed in the gym