EVENTFINDA STADIUM – Return to Gymnastics Plan
All classes are returning to gym from Monday 31st of August!
Some class times will shift in order to accommodate all the gymnasts under Level 2 guidelines. Please keep an eye on your emails as we will be contacting the effected classes in the coming days.
INFO FOR PARENTS
FOR OUR RECREATIONAL GYMNASTS: More info to come
FOR OUR COMPETITIVE GYMNASTS:
We are using a QR scanner for track and trace purposes. This allows us to receive your child’s information quickly and adequately. The more of our families that use the QR scanning system the safer as it will prevent long waits at the entrance, and reduce physical contact. However, If you or your child do not have a smart phone available, you can sign in manually on our sign in sheet.
How it works:
- Create your child’s individual QR code on your child’s or your smart phone by following this link: https://idme.co.nz/
- Save the QR code on the phone or print it off
- Your child can use the same QR code every time they enter the building
- Please ask your child to wait in the car or outside the building until 5 min before their training time
- He/she can then go to the main entrance, line up if necessary (distancing marks are on the floor) and scan in
- Our office staff will make sure that everyone who enters the building sanitises or washes their hands
General entrance rules
- Every gymnast needs to be on time to ensure a safe and quick entrance procedure
- If your child arrives late, he/she cannot join the training
- Under COVID 19 Level 2 we have limited numbers allowed in the facility and want to offer these to gymnasts. Therefore, no parents or any other visitors allowed in the building except in an emergency. If you have any questions or queries please go on our website or contact us via
Pick up only from the “Child Safe Zone” in the carpark area.
- A staff member will remain outside with all children until they are collected
- If you are running more than 15 minutes late to collect your child please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Running Late” in the subject line and include your child’s name, an approx. time of pick up and your phone number. Doing this allows us to reassure your chid that you are on the way.
- Contact email@example.com for any health and safety/ Covid-19 related queries
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any Payment Queries, Change of Class queries, Information you may want passed onto a coach
- Go online to www.nhgym.co.nz for Class Information and Booking
Our coaches and office staff will encourage and remind your children to follow our strict hygiene policy as well as follow the routine themselves. They will wash/sanitise their hands:
- upon arrival (receptionist to supervise)
- before moving to next apparatus
- before and after their break
- after coughing, sneezing, or blowing nose (hand washing with soap!!)
- after visiting any public space
- after going to the toilet (hand washing with soap!!)
- before leaving the gym area
Please ensure that your child arrives at the gym in her/his gymnastic outfit as the changing room will be unavailable. The hair needs to be in a tight bun so they don’t need to re-do their hair.
- Your child must not attend classes if he/she is experiencing any symptoms of illness, including mild symptoms such as headache, mild cough, mild sore throat etc.
- If your child arrives displaying symptoms we will follow our Covid-19 emergency plan and isolate your child immediately and will contact you to pick her/him up. Please call the office on (09) 443 2570 once they have arrived.
- We will operate in bubbles/groups of 10 people (including coaches) and keep a minimum of 2 meter distance between those groups. Within the bubbles/groups, the physical contact between our coaches and gymnasts will be kept to a minimum.
- Spotting where necessary but limited to essential only
- No hugs, no high fives (coaches will find an alternative non-contact way to celebrate their success)
In case we need to apply first aid we will:
- Provide/prepare adequate accident treatment and ask child to apply the treatment (ice pack, plaster) themselves if they are able to
- If they are unable to treat themselves, the coach will them.
We will have a strict cleaning schedule in place and clean our equipment as well as the rest of the building several times during the day to keep your child and our staff safe.
- a small bag with their own water bottle with enough water for the whole session (the water fountain is not available)
- a small container for their personal chalk, we will provide the chalk
- NO food allowed in the gym
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our health and safety procedure please do not hesitate and contact our health and safety lead Milena (email@example.com).