Women’s Artistic Gymnastics (WAG) Junior/Intermediate Coach Wanted
North Harbour Gymnastics is currently looking for a WAG coach to join our team of Competitive STEPS Coaches. The role would see the ideal candidate coach a minimum of 12 hours per week over 3 days, with the willingness to coach up to 20 hours per week if possible. Coaching in other programmes, outside of WAG coaching hours, may be available for the right candidate to help increase the total hours of the role.
The Ideal applicant will:
- Have relevant experience coaching gymnastics to girls, Ideally in a STEPS Programme, or at a similar level to that between a Steps 1-5 skill range.
- Have a gymnastics coaching qualification. If not at the ideal level, then the club can help you progress along the coaching pathway to acquire necessary qualifications. Ongoing internal coach education will also be offered.
- Work well with children, and have an understanding of culturally acceptable approaches to coach and manage young gymnasts.
- Be passionate about coaching and passionate about gymnastics.
- Be reliable and punctual.
- Be a team player, wanting to become part of our family of coaches, staff, volunteers and
- Preferably have a current First Aid Certificate. If not the club can help you with this.
- Preferably have a Drivers License and own transport.
Our WAG Program has high quality coaching standards as well as a strong focus on athlete wellness, and as such produces wonderful athletes and people, therefore an inclination to working in this kind of environment is essential.
If interested, please send a current CV to:
Cameron Beeton (Manager Competitive Gymnastics)